Sunday 4 August 2013

Nail Varnish Dreams

I'm not the best at doing nail art but recently I've found some really inspiring photos on the and would like to attempt them myself. The only downside is that I don't own the right colours or any dotting tools to do so! I'm planning doing a few blog posts on my many attempts of nail designs along with any photos of designs I would like to try out.



After seeing this picture I've gone out and bought a new Black nail varnish - Revlon's Knockout. To me Revlon is by far one of the best drugstore brands out there for nail varnishes. (if only I could afford Nails inc and OPI...) This looks like the perfect black as many I've found are too glooby and difficult to use. 

I have been looking around for a Matte Top Coat but can't seem to find one in stock! Rimmel used to do one but annoyingly can't see it anywhere, I think they've stopped making it. Bourjois and Essie apparently do one but everywhere I've been it's out of stock. Grrrrrrrrrrr! But once I find one I will certainly be attempting this along with the use of stickers used to get french tips to create the neat line. 


I think this is such a great and simple design. perfect for a beginner like me to get more creative with my nails. I think it would look perfect in the winter, when doing a grunge look or with a monochrome outfit!

Love Georgina x 

5 comments:

  1. These look so nice I'm obsessed with matte nails. I found Rimmel's matte top coat in Poundland and it's absolutely useless, it's exactly the same as a regular top coat and doesn't mattify at all. I have a post on it ready to publish that shows how awful it is, I'll let you know when it's published so you can see. I know OPI do one that looks really good but it's quite expensive. Can't wait to see your designs, I love nail art but I'm rubbish at it lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these nails can't wait to see your creations

    New followers on gfc and blogluvin

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That design looks nice and simple!

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC + facebook? Take a look into my blog and let me know! www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great :) love your blog, found you on the brightside beauty hop! I'm following you on bloglovin and gfc :)

    conceptofbudd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty look! If I tried that on myself it would look like garbage :)

    So glad I stumbled upon your blog! Check mine out as well when you get a chance :)

    Meagan
    chicisthenewblack.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...